Since some of you have asked, here is a bit of background on my “creative” process for this site.
The site is definitely an “extra” thing in my growing list of web projects, so I try to keep everything as simple and raw as possible to get things done quickly. Here’s how it works:
1. I take notes and make rough thumbnail sketches as I watch the show.
2. Before proceeding to the next episode I write down my synopsis and select the thumbnail sketches that I will enlarge or re-sketch for the final post.
3. As you can tell, there is no refinement of any sketch. I jot it down quickly and scan it, then add a few gray washes here and there in PhotoShop for the final image. Believe me, I am as surprised as you are with the final result.
4. This site is built with the WordPress CMS and an off-the-shelf theme. (See footer for all the links to the original theme builder)
5. The theme requires 3 images. The large lead image in the main homepage slideshow, the smaller header image for the blog page and a thumbnail image for the archive.
Despite the lo-fi, non-refined, nor proofed copywriting, this is still very time consuming. I am thinking of a different approach after Season One is completed. Stay Tuned.
UPDATE SEASON 6
I am back with weekly sketch reports for Season 6. Subscribe and don’t miss a single “sketchisode.”